27 views Yuda Electronic (HK) Technology Co.,Limited. 2019-05-16
The biggest difference between a polymer battery and a lithium battery is that the former is a rechargeable battery and the latter is a normal battery. The full name of the polymer battery is a polymer lithium battery. It is a type of lithium battery. From the battery, lithium batteries are divided into the first generation of steel shell lithium batteries, the second generation of aluminum shell lithium batteries, and the third generation of polymer lithium batteries. Since the polymer battery is encapsulated by an aluminum composite film, the film has a thickness of only 0.3 mm, the space in which the reaction material can be contained is the largest, the aluminum composite film is much lighter than the steel shell and the aluminum shell, and the aluminum composite film can be pulled up. Effectively slows down the air pressure generated by the adverse reaction of the battery and avoids the possibility of explosion. The polymer lithium battery is the battery with the highest capacity, the lightest weight and the best safety among the lithium batteries. So the polymer lithium battery is better.
Since the advent of lithium-ion batteries, the demand for the market has required relevant technicians to continue research and development work around it. Lithium polymer batteries were developed in the late 1990s.
Lithium polymer batteries have received attention from various aspects due to their excellent performance. Some factories now produce lithium polymer battery cathode materials and produce lithium polymer batteries of various capacities. Due to the short production time, the scale is still small, resulting in a situation of short supply. However, this situation is expected to change within two to three years, lithium polymer batteries will be cheaper, and their applications will be more common.
Lithium polymer battery (Li-polymer battery): It has a variety of obvious advantages such as high energy density, smaller size, ultra-thinness, light weight, high safety and low cost. In terms of shape, the lithium polymer battery has an ultra-thinning feature and can be fabricated into a battery of any shape and capacity in accordance with the needs of various products. The battery can reach a minimum thickness of 0.5mm.
Compared to lithium-ion batteries, lithium polymer batteries have the following characteristics:
1. No battery leakage problem, the battery does not contain liquid electrolyte inside, using colloidal solids.
2. Can be made into a thin battery: with a capacity of 3.6V 400mAh, its thickness can be as thin as 0.5mm.
3. The battery can be designed in a variety of shapes.
4. The battery can be bent and deformed
5. It can be made into a single high voltage: liquid electrolyte battery can only be connected in series with several batteries to obtain high voltage, polymer battery.
6. Since there is no liquid in itself, a multi-layer combination can be made in a single piece to achieve a high voltage.
7. The capacity will be twice as high as the same size lithium-ion battery. In terms of safety, the polymer battery is made of aluminum-plastic packaging, which is different from the liquid metal battery. The internal quality hazard can be immediately revealed by the deformation of the outer packaging. Once a safety hazard occurs, it will not explode and will only bulge.
8. Appearance: As long as it is a flexible package of aluminum foil package, it will probably be called a lithium polymer battery. Because the polymer battery has no metal shell, the advantage is that it is thin and light. However, the shortcoming is that there is no metal shell protection and it is easily damaged by external forces.
9. Safety: Since the polymer battery uses flexible packaging and the amount of liquid electrolyte is small, if the battery is unfortunately in trouble, the battery will expand, causing poor connection between the battery plates and causing an open circuit. If the situation is more serious, the seam will be cracked to release the pressure, and there is no danger of an explosion. The lithium-ion battery packaged in the metal case also has a design of the pressure relief port, but the risk of explosion and fire when the pressure or temperature is too high is high.
10. Cycle life: With the advancement of technology, the current high-quality polymer battery life has also improved a lot, but still higher than the same level of lithium battery.
11. Price: Polymer batteries are higher than lithium batteries in terms of manufacturing technology and cost.
Yuda Electronics Co., Ltd. is an original phone accessories distributor with 15 years experience, including original iPhone battery, Samsung battery and other original phone battery, direct source from leading brand like Apple/ Samsung, authorized distributors/ resellerscontact contact us for a free quote.
Cell phone accessories wholesale business can get high profits. But the market is fierce. Big bra...
Does fast charging reduce phone battery life？ In order to allow everyone to understand this matt...
How to install the car charger: 1. Insert the USB power adapter into the car cigarette lig...